We are ARVORE, a startup in the virtual reality content creation scene.
Based out of Los Angeles and São Paulo, our studio creates, designs, produces and develops world-class interactive experiences and games for all current and future high-end immersive platforms, including virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality.
ARVORE is looking to hire a technically adept, creative individual to complement our team. You will have the opportunity to work on innovative immersive and narrative-driven XR experiences, iterating and prototyping with a high level of creative freedom and with the opportunity to guide the direction of some of these endeavours.
Our process emphasizes teamwork, agility and multidisciplinarity. We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated person with a positive attitude and a genuine team player, who likes to share knowledge and is open to learn from others. We embrace problem solvers, those who aren't afraid to experiment and fail and are ready to create something new.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a highly innovative and state-of-the-art environment, and transform the way people communicate and tell stories
- We are at a sufficiently early-stage level that you can meaningfully contribute, but at a nicely established situation, where our largest chances to fail are behind us
Work closely with the team to create sites, dashboards, and tools to improve the studio workflow, from content creation to the backend operations.
MAIN CROSS-FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Develop the company and product sites, providing simple CMS to the editors
- Improve and automate the development and publishing processes with the tools and devops teams (e.g., extending a CI/CD, or perhaps creating chat bots)
- Create and maintain dashboards with all kinds of data visualization, from tasks burndown to custom analytics of our products
- Take the necessary precautions to keep private data secure, especially on external services
- Know HTML5 and CSS3
- At least 1 year of experience developing sites
- Having at least once created a site from the ground up, from the command line installations to implementing the final layout
- Know MongoDB query language and SQL
- Some experience optimizing load times
- Know responsive design frameworks and grids
- Experience with cross-browser issues
- Be comfortable with the newer ES standards
- Integrating external APIs (e.g., SSO auth)
- Advanced English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Experience with Agile Development and prototyping and iterating solutions
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of d3.js and three.js could be useful
- Know some desktop web application framework (e.g., electron, react native e ionic)
- Some familiarity with the Unity Engine
- Basic knowledge of Linux dev environment
- Knowledge of Slack, Monday, Gsuite (App Script) and Github usage and its APIs
- Know some PHP and WordPress
- Previous knowledge or experience with VR and AR content is desirable.
- A passion for Games, Movies, TV, Art, Animation, Electronics, RPGs, Theater and narrative experiences would be a great plus.
- Experience with game development.