We are ARVORE, a startup in the virtual reality content creation scene.
Based out of Los Angeles and São Paulo, our studio creates, designs, produces and develops world-class interactive experiences and games for all current and future high-end immersive platforms, including virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality.
ARVORE is looking to hire a technically adept, creative individual to complement our team. You will have the opportunity to work on innovative immersive and narrative-driven XR experiences, iterating and prototyping with a high level of creative freedom and with the opportunity to guide the direction of some of these endeavours.
Our process emphasizes teamwork, agility and multidisciplinarity. We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated person with a positive attitude and a genuine team player, who likes to share knowledge and is open to learn from others. We embrace problem solvers, those who aren't afraid to experiment and fail and are ready to create something new.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a highly innovative and state-of-the-art environment, and transform the way people communicate and tell stories
- We are at a sufficiently early-stage level that you can meaningfully contribute, but at a nicely established situation, where our largest chances to fail are behind us
WORKING HOURS: Full Time
The Product Manager at ARVORE is the main person responsible for maintaining the user-centric vision and drive of a project, from its inception to its launch and post-launch lifecycle. They work with an agile team from concept to development to playtest and iteration, and are in charge of ensuring that the products are launched within the planned schedule and budget, all while balancing the product vision and scope with the requirements of multiple stakeholders, including the Creative Director, Dev Team, ARVORE Management, Production Team, Marketing team, and most importantly the users.
MAIN CROSS-FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Drive products from inception to delivery, defining the short and long-term roadmap with milestone goals through the entire product lifecycle.
- Work closely together with the Creative Director, and incorporate and translate the product vision to the team - always representing the customer/user in the development process and provide the core value of the product to them;
- Work with the Core Team on feature definition, writing and organizing user stories, building clear acceptance criteria, and ensuring the team understands the priorities and expected outcomes towards the defined goal
- Responsible for keeping the product's sprint, issues, and backlogs organized and up to date.
- Responsible for keeping a product’s deliverables on schedule and under budget.
- Keep track of the team metrics and performance check considering the project roadmap and future milestones by learning to use and adapt to our company frameworks.
- With the Head of Studio find the Product/Market Fit, make a clear Value Proposition, define the goals and be accountable for the results;
- With the Head of Marketing, structure the commercialization, pricing, branding, and positioning of the product, as well as research comparative benchmarks.
- Execute market research to define user personas and learn about the potential customers. Ensure these personas are targeted and reached by the final product.
- Anticipate and identify weaknesses that may impact the delivery of the product and coordinate any decisions that need to be made about the product’s organization, logistics, deadlines and milestones;
- Coordinate with the Internal and External QA team stakeholders to define quality targets and KPIs and ensure those targets are met.
- Request user tests to obtain feedback to specify the customer's understanding. Redefine priorities and apply relevant changes to the roadmap as needed.
- Once the experience goes live, responsible for measuring its success, providing ROI, profit and revenues, active users, customer retention using metrics to shape the strategy and business cases around new feature concepts and possible DLCs.
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Management, having successfully shipped games, entertainment products, or software products.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence.
- Good level of emotional intelligence for problem and conflict resolution.
- Positive, flexible, and "get-it-done" attitude while managing big-picture changes, always working through different options/solutions.
- Constantly looking for self-improvement, learning new skills and delivering the highest quality output.
- Always giving and receiving constructive and creative feedback.
- Fluency in English language.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Be familiar with Google G Suite, Monday, Slack and Github.
- Previous knowledge or experience with VR and AR content is desirable.
- A passion for Games, Movies, TV, Art, Animation, Electronics, RPGs, Theater, and narrative experiences would be a great plus.
- Experience in technology and/or content development/environment, or related fields.